Did you know that approximately 1 billion people watch YouTube per day on an hourly basis? That’s identical to 8.4 minutes per day per human! Woah, Huge!
With the widespread popularity of video-sharing channels like Youtube, Facebook, etc, it's difficult for marketers to ignore the video marketing channel as with such high popularity comes high competition.
The channel is overfilled with an endless library of video content, so now the question arises: How can you stand out from the crowd?
Living in this technical world, we have all caught ourselves binge-watching hours upon multiple entertaining videos on Digital platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and much more. And being honest, there is nothing to be ashamed of!
Now, the question is, how can you, being a marketer, steal the attention of people over such a gigantic video content platform aka Youtube. How to get more subscribers on youtube? --- this thought must be ghosting you. Well, don’t worry, this is just what this article will help you learn about - because if you have spent your time and money on a video then you desire a return, in fact, you deserve a return!
But before jumping directly to the steps that will help you understand --- How to get more subscribers on Youtube, we will first have a look at What is Digital marketing/Youtube marketing? How does it help us?
“ Digital Marketing means advertising delivered through various digital channels such as emails, search engines, social media platforms, and much more. It helps you spread awareness about your products and services or Brand worldwide. “
Moreover, “YouTube advertising is considered to be a pay-for-placement system that allows brands to reach YouTube's more than 1 billion users via targeted advertisements.”
If you’re still in the enclosure about the benefits of YouTube advertising, perhaps the below-mentioned YouTube advertising statistics will persuade you that it’s considered to be one of the best ways to market your business online!
Subscribers play a vital role in the success of your YouTube channel. It is because the subscribers tend to spend more time watching your videos as compared to other viewers who haven't subscribed yet.
The benefit of subscribing to a channel is that you receive the notification earlier than others as soon as something new is posted on the channel. Since we all know that Google owns Youtube and its partner program uses Google AdSense to display ads of your choice. This grants you permission or freedom to choose what channel you want to subscribe to, What kind of ads or videos you want or do not want to post. By using a strong Youtube Advertising strategy you can increase youtube subscribers.
The YouTube Partner Program allows you to apply to monetize your YouTube Channel. But once you are accepted, you will be able to initiate converting your potential viewers and subscribers into an income!
Now, it's time to learn about the effective ways to increase Youtube Subscribers. Let’s dive in!
To grow your channel’s subscribers you need to work strategically. Here are 12 effective tips to increase youtube subscribers instantly!
1. Re-evaluate videos on your YouTube channel - Before applying any strategy, it is necessary to clean up some unnecessary content from your YouTube Channel. Re-evaluating your YouTube Channel will help you lead to an increase in your subscribers or visitors.
2. Focus on creating posting highly watchable content - Yes, we understand that this tip might seem palpable to you, but YouTube is full of mess, so it's easy to say that you can get away with posting inferior content. Well, if you think so then you can’t!
The only way to really stand out in the crowd and grow your Subscriber is to create the best of the best content for your YouTube Channel. Moreover, the key to accomplishing more subscribers is to plan during pre-production.
Well, to answer your question, How to increase Youtube Subscribers? Here are a few ways you can follow to pursue this better than your competitors:
3. Implement top-notch channel trailers - We all know that YouTube has a beautiful feature for marketers that helps marketers grow their subscription base, which is called Channel Trailers. Channel Trailers are the short trailers that automatically play when any visitor arrives on your YouTube Channel for a binge.
You can grab this golden opportunity of building your subscription base by creating compelling content for your channel.
Remember, these trailers require to be short for approx. 30-60 seconds, and most importantly they require to serve your visitors a reason to stay longer on your channel. You might be confused or a question may arise in your head like do the trailers need to be hilarious, or emotionally charged? Well, it's totally your choice, but it will definitely help your channel grab more visitors.
Also, along with this, you should add a strong Call-to-Action that gives your viewer a reason to subscribe to your channel.
4. Make sure your videos are short (under 5 minutes) - We know testimonials are great, long videos and YouTube do not go well together!
Regardless of how complicated the product/services you are marketing, your Channel videos should not be more than 5 minutes.
You must be thinking about why we are saying it, well based on a study that has proved that online video viewers have a short attention span. As mentioned above, do you lose your 20-30% of viewers drop off within the first 10 seconds? In fact, HubSpot has found that the official length for any video on YouTube is a nice and concise 2 minutes video. So, in case you have uploaded any video exceeding this limit, you should instantly remove it from your channel for its better performance.
5. Try to convert a set of videos into a binge-watching playlist - Do you have a set of videos to post together? Perhaps you work on weekly educational series, or you have a set of webinars or conferences around the same theme?
Whatever your videos belong to, you should arrange that grouping into a YouTube playlist. As it will allow your viewers to continue their binge-watching without having to search further videos manually. This means you should serve your viewers with an autoplay feature so that they don’t require to manually search or click on the next video to watch.
You must be thinking why we are saying that? Well, it is because it will allow people to be on your channel for a longer time and display them a plethora of quality content that you have. This will help you make your video’s content quality well organized so that your channel does not become a cluttered mess that turns users away.
6. Add powerful CTA (Call-to-Action) into your videos - All experienced and good marketers are aware of How to create a powerful Call-to-Action (CTA)? So try to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to build a compelling subscribe-able CTA for your YouTube Channel to grab more viewers on it.
We understand, Inserting a CTA into your video sounds complicated, and possibly above your technical capabilities. Well, to give you relief, it's not that complicated!
Now, Youtube has made it easy for marketers to add end screens and cards at the end of their videos. Here is a brief explanation of What EndScreen means and What are YouTube Cards?
However, the only thing to remember with cards is that users do require you to press the little “I” icon at the right corner of the video to make the card appear for them.
7. Post regularly - Yes, it could be difficult for you initially as not every marketer can be a full-time videographer to be grinding out content regularly. However, in case you are following my advice in tip #2 about building an in-house studio, scripting and creating great videos can easily become a part of your weekly workflow.
Moreover, always remember consistency is the key to increasing youtube subscribers as you may get less time or no time to update your channel. In case you are into SEO, you may have heard about Moz as it does a great series called Whiteboard Fridays, with a weekly video that breaks down a few SEO concepts on a crisp whiteboard.
These videos are super engaging and well-produced, but they’re CONSISTENT. They are known as Whiteboard Fridays. If you can nail down a persisting series similarly, you will be golden for providing your subscribers with consistent video content. Hence, it will lead you not only to keep current subscribers but also attract new subscribers and will simultaneously help you enhance your video engagement.
8. Try to Invest in youtube advertising - Now, the time has come to take your wallets out. You didn’t think all these tips would be FREE of charge, did you? Well, don’t worry, take a deep breath, however, we are not asking you to spend too much cash on an advertisement, but making a budget behind promoting your Youtube Channel is a pretty full-proof way of increasing your subscription base. We all know that the internet is a crowded space, and money talks. So, it is necessary to invest some of your marketing budget behind your YouTube Channel.
Youtube makes your advertising customizable by providing a variety of ad formats, such as:
Similar to various platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, Youtube also allows for video targeting based on Internet, demographics, and/or in-market audiences.
In case you are new to the Youtube Advertising World, we are here to help you. You can contact our professionals for instant help and support!
9. Promote your channel to relevant communities - Being a social media marketer, you should be actively involved in all types of popular online communities including the Twitter chat, LinkedIn group, Reddit, or any other popular community. Spreading your video content in these groups at relevant times. Let’s say you work for an accounting firm and are engaging in a conversation where people are struggling with their balance sheet. This is the perfect time to share your helpful video to showcase your product/services worldwide that some of the firms may even take you upon.
10. Encourage people to subscribe to your channel - Nowadays, all the parents are well aware of the power of corruption spreading in the world. In fact, the parents also bribe their children to let the work get completed like “If you finish your veggies, I will let you watch the iPad for 10 minutes before bed”.
However, the funny thing is, bribery is not something that we grow out of. In fact, it works extremely well on adults as it's human nature to love FREE things. So, yes we would suggest you bribe people to subscribe to your Youtube Channel. We understand, it might sound weird but it's worth it!
Here are two ways to encourage people to subscribe to your channel:
11. Optimize your youtube channel - Last, but not least, ensure your YouTube videos are well-optimized to rank in SERPs and it shows the result within Youtube itself.
SEO for better Youtube Video response can get a bit technically involved, but there are some very easy ways that you can follow to get a better video response. Some of the best practices include:
12. Promote your Channel on other channels - You should definitely take the opportunity to promote your content on other social media channels whenever you launch a new video. Also, you should urge people to subscribe or like your video.
The thought behind this is if someone follows you on the platform, and they like your posts there, then they can also follow you on any other platform as well.
Do’s to increase subscribers on Youtube channel
Don'ts to increase subscribers on Youtube channel
Make short videos of 10 or lesser than 10 minutes
Don’t make long videos, unless you are shooting a long-haul tutorial
Post regularly or fix a schedule to post on alternate days
Don’t take long intervals in posting
Don’t forget to optimize your videos before posting
Being professionals, we don’t ignore the potential on YouTube. As we know that It is a huge mistake to ignore it. One of the keys to reconcilable success on YouTube is enhancing your subscriber count efficiently. But don’t fall victim to those who buy YouTube subscribers scams for increasing youtube subscribers.
Instead, work to create exceptional content that will keep your audience coming back for more. Then, make people want to click on your content using brilliant thumbnails and killer headlines that draw them in. When people finally click on your video, then you can ask for a subscription. Once you’ve got those fundamentals down, you’re free to experiment with things like collaborations and YouTube Ads.
If you put enough effort in, you’ll see those subscriber numbers start climbing — which can lead to website clicks and more. All you need to do is get started!
What have you found to be useful when it comes to boosting subscriber numbers on YouTube? Comments down below!
And once you have managed to uplift your subscriber base, and are struggling with views, check out these quick 11 tips to increase views on youtube fast & without much money!