Wondering what's SEO marketing or SEO marketing meaning?
What are free SEO tools for small businesses?
What SEO marketing tools can help you grow faster?
SEO marketing can help business owners create fast, robust, and user-friendly websites that rank higher in search engines, which in turn helps bring more qualified leads and eventually increases conversion rates. But what is SEO marketing? SEO marketing is a digital or online marketing strategy where you aim to obtain a higher ranking on SERP by improving the quality and quantity of website traffic through best SEO practices.
After understanding SEO marketing meaning let's see why is SEO marketing important? The below-given stats can answer louder-
- 90.63% of pages get no organic search traffic from Google. (Ahrefs)
- The top-ranking pages get 49% more search traffic than others.
But how can we improve SEO marketing? The best SEO tools make it simpler and easier to ensure that your website is SEO optimized for performance, as well as improve your rankings.
Mastering your site SEO can be impossible without using the best SEO tools.
In this Best SEO tools guide, we have gathered the list of fast, free, and easy-to-use SEO tools, highly recommended by leading industry SEO experts.
Before moving to the SEO tools, let’s see how SEO tools can help you rank better & drive more business.
How SEO Tools Can Help You Rank Better & Drive More Business?
Marketing SEO tools can help your brand build credibility, gain customer trust, and more opportunities to acquire more customers in your target market. SEO tools help your website rank higher in search results & consequently drive more traffic to your website to make your business receptive to a great number of buyers & prospects.
SEO Management Tools help allows you to:
- Generate More Quality Leads.
- Make People Trust your brand.
- Stay Ahead Of The Competition.
- Measure your site SEO performance.
- Provides Better User Experience.
- Discovering High-Quality Organic Traffic.
- Improving brand credibility & trust.
- Target the Entire Marketing Funnel.
- Reach Target Audience.
- Optimize User Experience.
- Enhance PPC Success.
Want to explore what's SEO marketing, read more.
Here are a few SEO statistics, help you understand the importance of SEO marketing for your business
- 68% of online activities begin with a search engine. (BrightEdge)
- 75% of searchers never go and click back pages of SERP.
- 70% to 80% of users trust organic results and completely ignore paid ads
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO can grow your business faster
- 53.3% of total website traffic comes from organic search. (BrightEdge)
- Leads from SEO are eight times more likely to become customers than those generated through advertising campaigns.
- SEO practices drive 1000% more traffic than organic social media. (BrightEdge)
Hope the above-listed benefits and stats helped you understand that, by leveraging the best SEO tools, you can improve site organic traffic, generate potential leads, and have higher ROI.
Let's get started with SEO marketing experts recommending paid SEO tools known for their excellence.
Best Paid Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools
1. Ahrefs: All-in-one SEO Management tool
Ahrefs is one of the most recommended Sites Audit tools will analyze your website for common SEO issues & monitor your SEO health including- conduct keyword research, analyzing the website's link profile, keyword rankings, finding content that's performed well (in terms of social shares and/or links) on a given topic and much more. Ahrefs is one of the best and largest website crawlers.
Price: Starts at $99 per month, each additional user is $30 per month. Will get two months free if you pay annually.
Ahref is among the most specialized SEO tools that -
- In-Depth Keyword: Do keyword research for many search engines like Google, YouTube, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex (Russia), and more.
- Provide Clicks Data: Go beyond search volume and provide ‘clicks’ data
- Traffic Estimation: Provide total search traffic estimations for the top 10 ranking pages.
- Provide Granularity Data: Provide a complete report on backlink growth or decline over time, with daily granularity data
- Competitor Traffic Analysis: Give details of top subfolders that attract the most organic traffic for your competitors
- Keyword Click Data: Give keyword click distributions for individual keywords and help you analyze SERP history
- Do content analysis to Uncover content gaps between you and your competitors
- Backlink Analysis: Analyze your site internal backlinks, monitor outbound links
2. HubSpot SEO Marketing Software: Best SEO management tool
HubSpot's SEO Marketing tool that's perfect for helping you optimize your content for traffic and conversions and build authority across your website. No matter if you're creating your first content strategy or you're an expert in all things SEO, HubSpot's SEO Marketing Software gives you the best SEO tools and the confidence to rank in the SERP and report on your performance.
Price: Starts with $45/ mo for the Starter plan, $800 for professional level, and $3,200 for enterprise level.
- Provide Automated CRM database: Facilitate easy data updation.
- Seo-optimized pages: Create Landing pages, web pages, and blogs
- Allows you to set up your workflows to score your leads and rotate them to sales.
- Market Analysis: Its data analysis feature equips you with detailed market research to build an understanding of what works best for your brand and audiences.
- Social Media Integration: Integrates all social media platforms allowing users to connect multiple accounts and making it simple to draft, schedule, publish, and track post engagement and performance.
- HubSpot’s ad integration helps marketers to measure and analyze the performance of their paid ads on different platforms like- Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Analytics Reports: Provides detailed analytics reports and dashboards to make it simple to track your audience’s engagement on your site.
3. SEMRush: Marketing SEO Tools
SEMrush is one of the best marketing SEO tools that report on the performance of domains as a whole and their specific pages. SEMrush offers numerous resources to easily monitor and manage your organic rankings. Semrush Toolkit allows the development of compelling and creative PPC Campaigns. Generate simplified tracking reports identifying keywords ranking, and much more.
Price: Semrush offers three options for monthly subscriptions: Pro - $119.95 · Guru - $229.95 · Business - $449.95
- Can track local SEO results on a ZIP Code level.
- Provide devices and locations reports
- Can generate competitors Discovery report
- Integrated Semrush and google data studio
- Analyze backlinks from other websites to your site & built links.
- In-Depth Keyword Analysis: Identify all keywords you need to successfully build an SEO strategy.
- In-depth competitor analysis: Identify top-rank paid keywords or ad copy used in the PPC ads of your competition.
4. KWFinder: Best Keyword Research SEO Tool
KWFinder is a super-effective tool for keyword research, finding easy-to-rank keywords. Enable you to find keywords that aren't too difficult to rank for but still carry the potential to bring in traffic. Simple and straightforward interface, exactly how most SEO tools should be. KWFinder is one of the best SEO tools, known for its seamless shifts between languages and regions so that you can serve your audience no matter where in the world they are.
Price: Start at $29.90 per month, subsequent options are priced at $39.90 and $79.90.
- Prove Keyword look-up & list creation features
- Allow Bulk upload and review
- Provide domain look-up feature to explore other sites' keyword positioning.
- Integration with other Mangools tools like SERPChecker, SERPWatcher, LinkMiner.
- Long-tail keyword analysis: Find long-tail keywords that give you more opportunities to acquire more traffic.
- Competitor keyword analysis to understand competitor keyword strategy and find more keyword opportunities.
- SERP analysis tool: help in analyzing competition in the SERP to understand what elements visitors are looking for on your pages.
- Local keyword research tool: help you see what searchers are looking for and appeal to local markets for more niche traffic.
5. Moz Pro : Best all-in-one SEO tools
Moz is a good all-in-one SEO tool for individuals and small businesses that contain tools designed to improve search engine visibility. The Moz Pro subscription serves as an all-in-one tool for increasing your business' search ranking. Moz's tool collection of research provides subscribers with the resources they need to identify site ranking, link metrics, SEO opportunities, track growth, build reports, monitor campaign performance and optimize their efforts.
Price: Moz Pro has 4 pricing editions, starting from $99.0 to $599.0. Offer free 30-day trial, $99/ mo for Standard, $149/ mo for Medium, $249/ mo for Large, $599/ mo for Premium
Top Features that Makes Moz Pro One of the Best SEO Tools
- Crawlability insights: provide details of duplicate content and redirects that could be influencing your SEO performance.
- Keyword Explorer: This shows how popular a search query is, how difficult it will be to rank for the keyword, and several related keywords you should consider.
- Link Explorer: provide more than 40 trillion links, so you’re guaranteed an in-depth assessment of your site’s backlink profile and can analyze up to 3,000 links on a given URL.
- Site Crawl: It does not provide forensic detail but is effective for spot checks and routine crawls. Provide details that crawl data for the pages your site links to.
6. Screaming Frog: Fastest & Advanced SEO tools
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is among the fastest and advanced SEO tools used for the site audit. Designed specifically for the SEO-minded, this program crawls the websites you specify, examining the URLs for common SEO issues. Can crawl both small and very large websites and expedites an otherwise time-consuming process. Especially good for major websites, where manually checking every page would be extremely labor-intensive, and where redirect, meta refresh, or duplicate page issues can be easily missed.
Price: Start from: $198.70/month.
Top Features That Makes it one of the best marketing SEO tools:
- List Mode Is Unlimited: So you can upload 10k URLs and crawl them, without the need to buy a license.
- Crawl Path Report: This shows you statistics about Google's crawling history on your website.
- Page Title & Meta Description Editing: Allows you to edit page titles and meta descriptions directly via the SERP snippet emulator
- XML Sitemap Auditing: you didn’t need to convert your XML sitemap into a list of URLs for us to crawl it.
- Canonical Errors: The report will show canonicals that have no response, 3XX redirect, 4XX, or 5XX error.
- Supports basic and digest authentication: Allow you to crawl staging sites or development servers, which require a login to access.
7. ContentKing: Best Content SEO Tools
ContentKing is among the best real-time content tracking SEO tools used for auditing —keeps track of everything happening on your site as it happens. Allow you to fix SEO issues before your rankings are impacted. This is a cloud-based SEO management tool, so there's no installation required and your data and reports are available whenever you need to access them.
Price: Starts From $139/ mo for Basic, $319/ mo for Standard, $449/ mo for Pro, or $1,279 for Enterprise.
Top Features of ContentKing:
- Website Auditing: With auditing features, you can gain site SEO insight and help you optimize your web pages.
- Get alerts and notifications: You will automatically get notified about broken links or something that is no longer well-optimized so you can efficiently fix the issue.
- Track Changes: Allow you to track content changes on your site and search the history of your changes.
- Visualize data: Allow you to see real-time dashboards and reports.
8. AnswerThePublic: Best Freemium SEO Management Tool
Answer The Public is a freemium search listening and keyword tool that visualizes search questions and suggests autocomplete searches. It displays a visualization of data with plenty of keyword ideas using searches from Google and Bing.
Price: Monthly plan starts with $99/ mo, $79/ mo for the Annual plan, $199/ mo for the Expert plan.
Notable Features of Answer The Public:
- Receive updates: Prove data about when people are talking about your most relevant keywords.
- Monitor keyword trends: Understand keyword research behavior and preferences among your target audience and customers.
- Give real-time search data: View the keywords and phrases that your audience is searching for relevant products or services.
- Get new content ideas: Discover new content ideas based on your customer search query.
9. BuzzStream : Web-based Best SEO Tools
Price: Offer a free 30-day trial, $24/ mo for starter, $124/ mo for the group, $299/ mo for professional, $999+ for custom services.
BuzzStream is a web-based SEO software that helps the world's best marketers promote their products, services, and content to build quality links. Gaining quality backlinks to your website are critical to ranking well on Google, BuzzStream makes it easy to research the appropriate people, come up with effective email messaging services, and track who's accepted your link request.
Notable Features of BuzzStream:
- Advanced Researching: It helps you in link-building campaigns – finding relevant influencers in your niche.
- Outreach Emailing: With an organized list, the outreach emailing can be done immediately with automated follow-up features.
- Managing link building and outreach in one place: Buzzstream dashboard allows you to track and manage link building and email outreach in a single place.
- Extend your reach: Allow you to find information on influencers and bloggers quickly.
10. Woorank: Best Site Analysis SEO tools
Woorank is one of the best SEO tools that help you keep track of everything that affects the SEO performance of your website. Woorank's in-depth site analysis helps marketers reveal potential opportunities for SEO optimization and improvement.
Price: Offer free 14-day trial, $79.99/ mo for Pro, $199.99/ mo for Premium, or contact for Enterprise quote
Notable Woorank’s Features :
- Syncing Google Analytics: It can sync your website’s Analytics profile with an Advanced Review.
- Syncing Google Search Console: it syncs your GSC account in your settings page and provides you the list of your crawl errors, split into several tabs based on the type of error detected.
- Backlink Quality Report: This allows you to see the total number of backlinks and the number of Referral Domains.
Free Best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools
11. HubSpot Website Grader: Free SEO Tools
Website Grader measures the marketing effectiveness of a website and provides an inbound marketing score report with actionable insights about your website traffic, SEO, the blogosphere, social media, and other inbound marketing factors. This helps you to improve your website's SEO, user experience (UX), and more.
Top Features of HubSpot Website Grader:
- Track website performance: Measures the marketing effectiveness of your website and provides an inbound marketing score, you can learn about your website’s performance and identify specific performance issues.
- On-demand support: Receive how-to education on how you can improve your website with clear and effective optimization suggestions.
- Optimize for mobile: Help you discover how to optimize your website for mobile.
- Boost web security: Help you learn how you can implement best website security best practices.
12. Google Search Console: Free SEO Tools
Google Search Console is a free platform that helps marketers and SEO specialists track and analyze their SEO performance. It has a number of SEO tools to help identify and troubleshoot technical and page performance issues to get your site ranked well on SERPs.
Top features that make Google Search Console the best SEO management tool:
- Keywords Analysis: Let you know about the keywords your webpages are currently ranking for.
- Crawl Errors: Identify any crawl errors that exist on your website.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Show how mobile-friendly your website is and discover opportunities to improve the mobile experience for your users.
- Google Index: Allow you to see how many of your web pages are in Google’s Index.
- Analytics and Metrics: provide website-related metrics that matter most like - clicks, impressions, average click-through rate (CTR), and average position.
- Search Analytics Report: provide a comprehensive range of key insights into your website’s search performance on Google.
- Data Highlighter: Enables you to add structured data to your site.
- HTML Improvements Tool: Enables you to issues with your site and provides suggestions on how to fix them.
- Remove URLs: lets you hide certain URLs from Google’s search results temporarily
- Fetch as Google: allows you to submit pages for rapid indexing.
13. Google Analytics: Free SEO Tools
Google Analytics’s free version can help you manage your website’s SEO, especially when you pair Google Analytics with Google Search Console. Google Analytics works as a traffic reporter, its basic level reporting informs you of how many people visit your website and from where they come? And how they behave on your site. This enables you to track particular trends to see which pages get more traffic at certain times than others.
Top features that make Google analytics highly preferred SEO management tool are:
- Campaign Measurement: by adding parameters to your URLs you can properly track campaigns and cut out the guesswork.
- Track your Goals: Allow you to track the most critical metrics, website conversions & user activity.
- Audience reports: Help you to know your site visitor by providing their demographics and geo-location to interests and key browsing behaviors history.
- Flow Visualization Report: Which portrays how visitors move from one event or page to the next.
- Custom analytics reports:
Google Analytics custom reports allow you to slice your data in a way exactly how you need it.
14. UpCity Free SEO Report Card: Best Free SEO Tools
Free SEO Report Card by UpCity, in exchange for your email address and a few data points, SEO Report Card will serve up a report that lets you analyze your website to determine how it stacks up against the competition.
Its report covers the following:
- Rank Analysis: Provide a snapshot of where your website ranks on the most popular search engines.
- Link Building: Provide your site backlink detail.
- On-Site Analysis: Provide an analysis report on how successful you were in incorporating your main keyword throughout your site.
- Website Accessibility: Gives Information about your site's load time and accessibility.
- Current Indexing: An indication of how many of your site pages have been indexed also gives an overview of your site's level of trust or authority.
15. Internet Marketing Ninjas: Free SEO Management Tool
Internet Marketing Ninjas is an SEO-focused company providing a variety of free SEO tools to evaluate your internal links, meta information, and page content. You can use these SEO tools to compare your website against the competition, optimize web pages for certain keywords, generate meta tags, and increase organic traffic to your site.
Top Features OF Internet Marketing Ninja SEO tools that you can leverage:
- Broken link analysis: Allow you to identify broken links and redirects and generate an XML sitemap of your website.
- On-page optimization: Use this to evaluate your web page content, meta tags, meta description, and internal links.
- Competitive Study: Allow you to compare the SEO of your web pages versus a competitor’s web pages.
- Page load Speed: Analyze page-load speed and how long each component of a web page takes to fully display to help you figure out what needs to be improved.
16. Bing Webmaster: Best Free SEO management tool
Bing Webmaster Tools is a free service as part of Microsoft's Bing search engine which gives you access to many SEO tools that you can use for free have the power to help you analyze your website SEO performance, manage backlinks, and review keywords to ensure your site is well-optimized for organic search.
The top features of Bing Webmaster's SEO tools are:
- Backlink analysis: Allow you to learn about your backlink profile to understand referring pages, domains, and anchor links for help in link building.
- Keyword Research: Determine which keywords and phrases your audience is searching for as well as the search volumes of those keywords and phrases.
- Site scanning feature: It crawls your website and identifies technical SEO errors.
- Recognize internally linked pages: Help you recognize frequently linked web pages and which page is performing well on search engines.
- Get SEO error reports: You can get errors reports that are on your website and individual site pages and can take the required steps to overcome issues.
17. Google Trends: Best Free SEO Checker Tool
Google Trends is a great online data exploration tool that features real-time search data from Google. Allow you to explore untapped potential opportunities by providing insights about people's search interests and find additional data like the most relevant articles, interest over time, interest by region, trending queries, and related topics.
Top Features of Google Trends are:
- Identify the latest trends: Provide trending information, hot topics that can be used by advertisers in order to create content and shape up strategies.
- Monitor marketing performance: Help you know how much activity or interest is being shown towards your product or brand.
- Recognize areas and regions of high interest: Show what countries or regions have a strong interest in the keyword you have researched.
- Choose best performing keywords: Gives you details of what particular words are queried on a frequent basis so that you can test out keywords and measure their potential success.
- Competitor check: It analyzes your competitors’ performances to help you understand their approach.
18. SEOquake : Best Free SEO management tool
SEOquakeis a Google Chrome extension that automatically checks a web page’s SEO parameters and provides you with organic research data quickly for free. SEOquake provides other useful SEO tools for SEO Audit, Keyword Density report, Internal/External Link analysis, real-time URL, domain comparison, and data file export, and even social metrics.
Top features that make SEOquake SEO management tool:
- Detailed link analysis: Using the Link Examiner tool, get a detailed description of how all of your links are performing — including URLs, anchor text, and other link types.
- Customize metrics: Allow you to customize SEOquake reports you receive to display only the parameters and metrics that you care about.
- Audit SEO: Audit your site to identify all SEO-related issues that would be findable by search engines.
- Share your findings with stakeholders: Allow to export SEO audit reports into an adjustable and shareable report.
19. SpyFu: Best Free SEO management tool
SpyFu is among the most amazing marketing SEO tools to dominate your competition. Other than great keyword research, it also helps you with PPC competitive research, SEO competitive research. Spyfu is the best SEO management tool that helps you drive traffic to your Google Ads campaigns and website, monitor both paid and organic rankings, and obtain reliable and accurate contact information for leads.
Top Features of SpyFu:
- Target keywords: It allows businesses to target keywords that offer valuable traffic.
- Smart recommendations: It provides you with smart recommendations to drive more clicks to your Adwords campaigns.
- Track SEO ranking: It offers marketers monitoring tools to track your SEO rankings and paid ads on search engines.
- Monitor ad position: SpyFu SEO software helps you to monitor your ad position and performance.
- Download a competitor’s keywords: Allow you to develop more competitive PPC & SEO strategies.
- Compare Domains: Enables you to compare different domains and pages on one keyword.
- Discover keyword ideas: Give you keyword advice for your Google Ads to increase chances of conversion.
20. SEOmater: Best Free SEO Management Tool
SEOmater is among the very good SEO tools used for auditing and website crawling. It assists you with technical SEO analysis and SEO on-page optimization testing. Once the tool crawls your site, it will generate a detailed SEO report explaining your website's various SEO-related elements including internal and external links, backlinks, page quality and speed, social media, organic reach, and more.
Top Features of SEOmater:
- SEO Monitoring Alerts: Your website will automatically get crawled and you'll get an immediate notification if something is found wrong.
- Get detailed reports: Provide insights about your on-page and off-page SEO elements.
- Domain Comparison tool: Allow you to compare two competitors' websites to identify their SEO strengths and weaknesses(such as broken links, content quality, HTML tags, and more).
All these tools are great at their features, you just need to figure out which one works best for your business.
Though we have discussed the best 20 SEO tools, below we are going to enlist a few more good marketing SEO tools, that you can go for-
- SEOlyzer: Crawling SEO Tool
- SEObility: Free SEO-checker Tool
- Check My Links : Link Building Tool
- BROWSER : Best SEO Management Tool
- GrowthBar: All-in-one SEO Management Tool
- Linkody : Best LinkBuilding SEO Tool
- Remove'em : Best SEO Tools
- Keyword Hero : Best Keyword Tools
- Majestic: Marketing SEO Tools
- Siteliner: SEO Analysi
After understanding SEO marketing meaning and knowing the best SEO tools, now your next question would be how to choose the best SEO tools. Don’t worry this is what we are going to discuss next
How to Choose the Best Suitable SEO Management Tool?
Investing some time and money into the right SEO management tool can make a significant impact on your site rankings and business online performance. Though now you know what is SEO marketing and what are the best SEO tools. But finding the best suitable SEO management tool for your business is still too challenging.
What SEO marketing tools are best for your business depends more on your resources, business goals, and personal preference.
One more way to choose the best SEO tool for your business is to focus on various aspects of your site based on ranking factors and where they need to improve.
SEO Tools are divided into 5 main categories, and you can choose according to your requirement.
Keyword tools are used for Keyword Research, keyword performance tracking. They can help you to do keyword research by conducting a gap analysis, which involves looking at the keywords your competitors are ranking for and you aren’t.
As its name suggests, these tools are used for improving your site backlink profile. It can help you earn more referral traffic. Link building tools can help you gain insights about your backlink profile and spam score, backlink prospects, competitor backlink profiles.
SEO Crawler tools help you identify any technical issues with aspects of your site, including-Page Speed, security issues, broken pages, HTML set up, mobile-friendliness, metadata, headings, and more.
Local SEO tools can help you improve your local SEO that can help to attract traffic both to your website and your physical locations. Your local SEO tool should help you manage all the aspects of your citations or business listings across multiple directories, to help your business be more visible for local searches. Local SEO tools can help manage information across listings, post regular updates, and photos.
All in one SEO software offers a complete suite of SEO tools that allow you to analyze several SEO aspects that affect your site ranking. They offer tools for keyword research, rank tracking, link building audits, site audits, and other helpful features to optimize your site and make the most out of your SEO strategy.
Based on the above five-tool classifications, you can choose the best SEO tool that meets your needs.
Final Words on Best Marketing SEO Tools
Now when you know what's SEO marketing and have learned about some of the best free and paid SEO tools on the market, determine which option will help you achieve your SEO goals. The best SEO tools give you insights that would otherwise take ages to generate.
It’s important to select an SEO tool that’s within your budget and offers the best and most functionality you need. It should serve as a valuable asset to your business. Try them out & discover what you need to improve to rank higher in SERPs. And follow the tool’s suggestions to skyrocket your SEO & business growth.
Did this post help you understand SEO marketing meaning is?
So What are your favorite SEO tools? Want to add any new recommendations that weren't added to this list? Comment below!